Monday, January 5, 2009

Land of Enchantment

So Krys and I went down to New Mexico for the weekend. It ended up being a lot of fun. And also kind of cold. We stayed at Sally and Grant's place. All the kids kept us busy with Wii, trampoline tricks and youtube. I loaded a bunch of wood on a truck, bucked some hay, and almost helped butcher a goat. Krys helped make the sausage and bratwurst. She also entertained the kids and probably a bunch of other stuff. We even went bowling. Other than the driving a lot to get there and back everything was quite relaxing. Go down and visit awhile.

Lily just being awesome

This is Krys and I at Arches National Park on our way back. Not a bad little detour. Just don't drive off the mountain.

Alma fell asleep on the computer desk. I have to say the kid is pretty cool. I especially enjoyed watching the man jump off the window sill or the arm of the couch.

Here we are hanging out in the back yard. Right before we butchered Bratwurst.

5 comments:

Sally said...

You forgot to mention that Krys is a master at cooking mama!

Mom said...

The scenery on the way down to New Mexico is pretty awesome. I am so glad that you could go and visit. Are we next on your list of places to visit? Wait until the snow is gone here. It is really white around here. Ladd and Cabbage hill have been closed a lot lately. We love you

garcias said...

I am glad you were able to get away for awhile. You guys deserved it. (Well anyway Krys did!!) But I am still mad you weren't here to welcome us home. I have enjoyed having you guys here and to myself. :)

tiff said...

That looks like it was so much fun! It's nice to get away, especially where you can go butcher something. Not many vacation planners can boast of that....

JAMIE said...

I found your blog. So glad i did, I love finding out how people are doing through their blogs....Cute blog