Friday, May 29, 2009

(1) Bass and (1) Niece




Well, Krys and I doing very well. We've been married exactly one year and twenty days now as Krys now informs me. For Memorial Day we went fishing at Utah Lake with our next door neighbors who may or may not live seven feet from us. It's been forever since I've last been fishing. It turned out to be rather productive. Our family caught one large-mouth bass [15 inches in length], a perch which we let go and a carp that never left the water. I got the chance to mostly gut our fish. A first for me. Then we barbecued it and then we ate it. Yeah, we're awesome.

For other news Krys is a real aunt and I'm a fake uncle. Her sister CJ had her first child. Payton Jo. Krys is totally excited. So am I. So tomorrow we head up and meet the new one. Hooray for new people!

And for a picture of Krys and I for a celebratory anniversary picture. We're cute.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray for new people. And for your bass. And for your marriage.

garcias said...

I think Krys counts for a really aunt with my kids. They love her more than me, their mother. :) Congratulations on the new niece. How fun. I hope that we will still get to see you guys though.

Sally said...

Yay! A new neice. Felipe, it's still freaky how much you look like Dad. Did I ever tell you about the time the kids were looking through photo albums at La Grande and there was a pic of Dad in college? They said (I think it was Eliseo) "Hey, there's uncle Felipe."

Rachel said...

We guys are cute!! Happy Anniversary. Tell your sister congratulations. There is nothing so sweet as a brand new baby.