Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hale Freezes Over

On January 29, 2010 I participated in my first 5K.

My good friend Mary (who also teaches with me, who also was my supervising teacher during student teaching, who also is amazing) and I ran and walked all 3 miles including a mile long up-hill journey.


Us two before the race started.


My number, lucky 262.


My penguin, Santa, rubber ducky. If you finished the race you earned one of these!


Yes it was freezing! Hale did freeze over, but it was a great experience!


I can't wait to complete my goal of being able to run an entire 5K!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Krys, I remember once when I wanted to run a marathon, I had just started jogging. I eventually was able to run a mile. I was so proud of myself. I was never one for a lot of exercise. I don't remember why I quit jogging, but it has been replaced with other exercises. I decided that I needed to do more walking so the first day I went out, recently, I tripped and fell on my knees. I decided that the elipticycle was safer and I wouldn't trip and fall anymore. Scabbed knees aren't pretty. It's my age you know. :) Good Luck, I know you'll make it.