Monday, April 4, 2011

Middle School Mayhem

Random Quotes and stories from my classes:

One of my students came in before school and asked "Mrs. Sanchez, is my fro messed up?" I replied no. He then said "Well, are my jeans too tight?" ~Random!

When asked to do 100 multiplication problems in 10 minutes one of my students said, "What do you expect us to be, like, math heros or something?"

When our math aid / part time english teacher told my class she was prego one of my students said "But your not fat!"

I did my hair curly one day (instead of straight) one of my students couldn't figure out how to word his thoughts. He said "Mrs. Sanchez, what happened to your hair? Its not normal. I mean its funny looking, I mean... umm..." Pretty sure I gave him a confused look!

Last year I had a student who never paid attention. The one time I noticed he was paying attention and nodding along I turned my back to put a question on the board and called on him to answer. When I turned around his entire finger was up his nose... I was so embarrassed for him!

When working on solving proportions I had a student ask "Do we multiply then times or times then multiply?"

We talked about doubling or tripling a number. One of my students didn't know the word for quadrupling so she said "Do we four-triple it?"

A random intercom announcement after school one day "Please jump down from your perch on the windowsill."


I'm sure there are a billion more stories that I have happened. As I remember them I will add them in.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the morning laugh. Isn't that the purpose of your job, to turn all your students into math heros. :)

Lisa said...

Those are great! That's why Jr High is so awesome for teachers!

Flops said...

This is Felipe's Parents: We see you have taken up Sand Art or Sand Calligraphy! In reference to the today's top picture.

Sally said...

I heard a kid once try to talk to Dr. Laura on her radio show and the kid could not get out what he meant to say for the life of him. Even Dr. Laura was having a hard time getting to what he wanted. I also heard my teenage neice try to explain something one time and she had no clue how to articulate her thoughts. The volume of "likes" that came out of her mouth was enormous. Funny middle schoolers.