Monday, July 7, 2014

Obsessed with Gardening - Version 2014

I am obsessed and addicted to gardening. It seems to be all I do and all I talk about! Starting in January I talked with everyone I worked with who gardened in the area and got as much advice as I could. I started plants inside... and they died. Then I planted more inside... and they died. Then I planted a third round inside, and they survived! Well... most of them :)  

I bought a bunch of plants at the local nursery, they were a lot cheaper than Walmart and much better quality as well. 

This year I planted:
-Strawberries
-Onions (both yellow and white)
-Artichoke (it died...)
-Cantaloupe 
-Carrots (only about 20 out of 200 seeds grew)
-Red Potatoes
-Broccoli
-Bush Beans
-Spaghetti Squash
-Cucumbers
-Zucchini
-Yellow Zucchini
-Bumpy Yellow Squash (I thought it was the same as yellow zucchini) I don't know what it is!
-Bell Peppers: Orange, Red and Green
-JalapeƱos (not doing so well)
-Pumpkins (both pumpkin pie pumpkins and jack-o-lantern pumpkins)
-4 types of Tomatoes

... and I only used about 5/8 of the space I have for my garden!

Here are the beginning pictures:



My tomato plants. I have a few tomatoes growing already! 
My pumpkin plants. If I get a ton of pumpkins I am going to try to sell them! 
An overview of the garden taken today: July 7th.
Onions, carrots, cantaloupe, and red potatoes.
Broccoli and Bush Beans.
Zucchini and Peppers. Those three huge zucchini grew while we were in Oregon!
A cute little carrot popping up.
A flower growing on my onions.
A cute little pumpkin growing.

3 comments:

KmillS said...

How do you keep on top of the weeds?

Steffanie said...

And it made delicious salsa!

garcias said...

How did the garden turn out in the end?