Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring in Utah

If you know me at all you would know that I really am not a huge fan of Utah. But... we live here so I may as well make the most of it, right? Hence, this is my post to counter-act all those negative feeling of Utah I've had over the last few months!

Thanks to my sister (again) I got to decorate a little for spring. We painted these wood letters in cute bright colors. The yellow twirly should be glued on to the flower, but I wanted to stain them with a very light brown first:


One thing I really do like in Utah is Spring. It doesn't last for very long but it is a very nice time of year. The trees are in bloom for about a week or so. This is a tree outside our apartment taken last night:


Here are the rest of the trees all colorful and pretty:


And finally the best part about spring - it is the beginning of "Summer Provo" as called by me and Fil. It is the wonderful time of year that is not only warm, snowless, and beautiful, but, it is the time of year when all the annoying BYU students are gone! Less traffic, less people screaming in the streets, smaller lines at the stores.


Don't get me wrong, I love my sibs who go to BYU and wish they weren't gone - but all those other students who are loud and annoying... well it's nice to be with out them for a time. Also, I'm secretly teaching my niece to love math!

4 comments:

Liz said...

But don't you know that soon there will be something worse than BYU students: EFY kids. I'm just saying.

Sally said...

Who is it a secret from, her parents or herself? She's super cute!

Haley & Caden said...

I miss Provo weather, but I liked the Winter, better than Summer. Have you gone by my favorite spot by the apple orchard and outdoor amp? If you go there, take pics for me!!

Diana said...

I love you!!! And I am enjoying those college sibs here!! Nice pics.