Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What I learned from Eileen

Instead of telling you how much I will miss my sister-in-law Eileen (who moved today), I am going to tell you all the AMAZING things I have learned from her. Some of the ideas are a little crazy or strange, but all have affected my life (and Fil's in the chain reaction domino event)!


1.  Reusable Bags: They are great to take to any type of store/market. You can fit so much more groceries than plastic bags and it makes it easier to bring them into the house (apartment).


2.  Have an opinion: For those of you who have ever known or talked to Eileen you know she has a thought or opinion on EVERYTHING. Not going to lie I was a little intimidated the first few times I talked to her. I realized I do have an opinion and its not a horrible thing to talk about as long as you remember it is what you want for your life and don't try to force others to have the same opinion/thoughts.


3.  Making your own cleaners: She cleaned her entire apartment with vinegar, baking soda distilled water, dish soap and club soda. I'm hoping one day she will give me her "cleaner recipes."


4.  How to be a super amazing mother: I have had some great, nay, outstanding examples of motherhood. If you know my mom you know I didn't learn patience from her :)  Eileen is super patient, even on the 10th time her kids come out of their bedroom in the middle of the night saying they have to go potty. She just replies "hurry quick", then "good night, I love you" Everytime!


5.  Wogging: The combination of jogging and walking. She is the master at this - and I'm still horrible at it. I do like the idea since I can't run or jog for a long time and love walking it is a good combo. Also - it is better than calling it Jocking.


6.  Papa Murphys: Take and bake pizza. She used to work there and knew all the ins and outs of the place. Its so good, affordable, and tastes super amazing!


7.  The Farmers Market: Fresh veggies, homemade food, super good prices, just fun to go support Utahites (sounds like U-tights in my mind).


8.  Sunflower Market and Buy Low: Lets just say getting produce 4-6 pounds for a dollar. AWESOME DEALS!

Thank you for sharing in my list-aholic life. Not going to lie - sometimes I make lists to keep track of all my lists. Since the last 2-3 posts are list oriented, I thought I might just have to show you this side of my life.

I will miss Eileen OH SO MUCH but I know I will see her sometime soon in Texas. She has been a great sister-in-law, a wonderful example, and one of the bestest friends I could ask for. I am always so grateful for my in-laws, I love every single one of them and I'm very blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. Thanks for all you do for me and Felipe.

We love you all,
Krys ( and Fil )

6 comments:

Jon said...

This is probably my favorite post of your blog. Congratulations.

cadengiggles said...

Your sister-in-law sounds like a great person!! "i am not going to lie!" : )

Sally said...

You did an awesome job of hitting on Eileen's quirky and fun personality. She's going to be crying like a booby when she reads this! One things you missed (which is not your fault since you don't have any kids yet!) is what an awesome aunt she is. She is so good to my kids. I'm just scared for the day when you and Felipe move out of Utah and we don't have anymore fun aunts and uncles around.

And I was laughing so hard at the jocking comment!

Mom said...

Krys, we are the lucky ones to have you in our family. We love you and are so glad that you married Felipe.

garcias said...

You forgot to say that all my opinions were right! JK I thought you were going to say that you loved it when I called and said I want to watch Enchanted now and what are you going to do to solve my problem. :) Or the times when I called and said I need a babysitter now! etc. Anyway we sure miss you guys and thank you so so so so much for the help. You guys are awesome.

ps thanks for being so generous with your kind words.

Rachel said...

I wish we could all live closer and get to know each other better. I love this post you wrote about Eileen.