Friday, July 1, 2011

Math and Art : Proportions

Since one of my great friends is the art teacher at Orem Jr. I wanted to try to incorporate art in one of my lessons. I gave students a square-inch piece of paper and had them "enlarge" it to a 4-, 5- or 6-square inch paper. Here are the results:

A climbing gecko.


A skate-boarding alligator - or - is it a crocodile?


A tiger. It reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbs comic.


A monkey. I like this one. It's my third favorite!


A turtle. My second favorite!


The Jaguar Face Mask that the kids all learn about warm and cool colors with. The Jaguar is our school mascot.


The Jaguar mask. My favorite.


I love being creative at school! if you get bored try it at home! Just make sure you label the inch squares so you know how the final pieces fit together.

1 comment:

Sally said...

The jaguar is definitely the best one. Lily and Eliseo would love this project.