Friday, July 1, 2011

Quilt for a friend

So I got crafty and made a baby quilt for my friend who decided to have a baby. Since she helped me so much this year in my classes, I thought it would be much better than just getting her a cookie or something! 

I searched up and down like 50 pages of Google Images until I found one that I liked. I think the person who took the picture called it "Sprinkles" although I have no idea who that is! (If you find out let me know and I'll get them credit for the idea.) I changed it a bit to fit what I wanted and I loved the result. I loved it so much I almost didn't give it too her, but I figured I didn't want her new baby to get cold in Arizona... well, it seemed like good logic I think.

Here are some pictures I took along the way:

The front of the quilt, draped over my ironing board.


The back of the quilt, draped over my ironing board as well.


Quilting it at my friend's mom's house. Thanks Stephanie and her mom! 


After it is quilted and bound.


Up close of the quilting. I love the square/ rectangle design.


The back quilted. I LOVED the back!


All folded up ready to give to Allie. I had some extra binding material left so I sewed it up and tied it in a bow around. 


I am now addicted to quilting. I have two more ideas ready to go and, thanks to my MIL, I have most of the material.

5 comments:

Sally said...

That is so super cute, I am really impressed. It is WAAAY better than my first quilting attempt (the purple thing on my bed). I love the pattern you picked out.

Diana said...

Love Love love it!!!! You did an awesome job on it!!!! Oh and I love you too!!

Steffanie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! :) And yes, we need to have a quilting fest...

Lisa said...

So adorable!!! I love it!!

Aunt Kathy said...

I love it - And you did a great job. Keep it up!
Love you